QuickBooks support team will help you resolve your issue of accessing the company file. There are several reasons where you may have lost the access to the company file. The error messages that could possibly be displayed when you open the file are as follows:
- Server busy
- -6176, 0
- The system cannot find the path specified.
- -6000, -80
- -6000, -77
QuickBooks support is there to provide you with all the assistance you need in resolving the issue.
Close and reopen the file. Usually the errors vanish when you attempt to open the file the second time.
You have to see if the QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version. If not, then that could cause error.
Open the QuickBooks file as administrator
- Go to the QuickBooks icon on the desktop
- Right click on it and click on run as administrator.
- Now try and open the company file again.
Check and fix the User Account Control (UAC) setting.
If you have windows 10, 8.1, and 8 then look at the following steps
- Press the windows key and select the user account control
- Select the settings and go to change user account control settings
- You will now see level slider. Note the current level of the slider and move the slider to the highest setting, always notify.
If you have windows 7, vista
- Type UAC in the start menu or in the control panel search box.
- Go to change user account control link.
- Note the current level of the slider and slide it to the highest setting, always notify
- Launch QuickBooks and close it.
- Go back to the user account control settings and change the slider back to its original position.
- Open QuickBooks and try to open the company file again.
Check the company file’s access mode settings
- Go to the company files in windows explorer.
- Look for company (.QWB) and right click on that.
- Select the general tab and look for read only checkbox. If it checked then uncheck it.
- Click okay and try to open the QuickBooks company file again.
Check internet explorer settings
- Go to internet explorer
- Click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of the window (Settings)
- Click on internet options
- Go to advanced tab
- Go to the security sections and look for the following options:
(a) use SSL 2.0
(b) use SSL 3.0
(c) use TLS 1.0
Try opening the windows company file as windows operator
Check windows settings for your QuickBooks. See if QuickBooks has all the required permissions for it to work well also check the ownership of intuit folder.
Check network and security settings also the firewall needs to be configured for QuickBooks updates and file access.