Quickbooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. Quickbooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium- sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills and payroll functions.
Like every responsible vendor, Intuit has designed a File Doctor application to repair minor glitches within its QuickBooks application. However, in some error cases, this utility fails to deliver and crashes instead. What would a user do if the QuickBooks file doctor stopped working while fixing QBW file issues? This blog tells the required actions one should take to resolve QuickBooks errors.
But sometimes, QuickBooks gets stuck in nasty errors that can prevent users from working on it smoothly. In such cases, Intuit’s File Doctor application can come to QuickBook’s rescue. However, sometimes, this utility itself faces troubles like the ‘File doctor stopped working’ error. Let us explore why this error occurs and what are its solutions.
What is the “File doctor stopped working” error?
QuickBooks File Doctor software is a combination of “QuickBooks 2014 R4” application and other newer versions. The software application is designed by Intuit to provide error repair and fixes for other minor glitches within QuickBooks. There are a few instances where users have encountered issues with the software as it stops working, crashes, hangs, or shows an exception. When such an occurrence happens, the application throws an error which says, “File Doctor is not working”.
Reasons behind this error
Common reasons that make this utility to stop functioning properly at times are:
- You are trying to access the incorporated files.
- Trying to restore files but it is not successful.
- Updating the files.
- The error can reflect when you try to convert the old version of the company files over a network.
- During the installation phase when you miss out on few QuickBooks files.
- The error shows up when the files are damaged, misplaced, and corrupted.
For fixing the issue, you must try and fix the QBW file
Causes of these errors are[quickbooks not working]
- The company name is too long
- Missing or Damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupted Hard Drive
- Damaged Windows operating system
- Program files that are damaged
- System resources are low
- Installation error
- Conflict in some program
Fix QuickBooks Not Responding Error
QuickBooks not responding or QuickBooks not working is a common issue. There is several possible reasons and also the solution available to resolve this error. You have to follow the given instruction to get rid of this type of QuickBooks software error.
- Restart your personal device (Desktop/PC)
Use shortcut Keys for opening the QuickBooks Software
- Click on Start >> All programs >>> Right click on QuickBooks
- Press Ctrl Key and then open QuickBooks software
Solution 1: You can use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- First of all, Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- After that a prompt comes to your screen, now save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close all the programs running on your desktop and then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the process completed check that all components are properly updated, Now restart your computer
Solution 1: Restart your system
- Before performing any steps, reboot/restart your computer.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks file again and check whether the error is gone or it’s still the same.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool(QBInstall Tool)
- QuickBooks install DiagnosticTool Download.
- Whenever prompted, save the record to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool. The tool can take up to 20 minutes to run completely, depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- Restart your PC computer after running the tool to ensure the segments are properly updated.
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
Renaming/Deleting QBWUSER.INI file will erase all the information stored in your list of previously opened company files.
Press Windows + E key simultaneously on your keyboard, to open the Computer window. Under the “Organize” tab on the top left select,>> Folder and search options.