QuickBooks Pro comes with features designed to assist small businesses in managing their money. One aspect of the program allows users to enter the due dates and payment information for all recurring bills. As bills are due, users may print checks directly from QuickBooks. In addition, each transaction is recorded for easy access during future audits. QuickBooks Pro users can also link their bank accounts to the program. In addition to affording them the convenience of viewing all financial records on a single screen, this feature also gives them the benefit of eliminating the need for paper bank statements.
Now see how to reset our password through Quickbooks password reset:
As the amount of passwords people have to remember over the years has increased, so has the instances of forgotten passwords. There is a good chance that you may eventually forget your QuickBooks administrator password. Find out how to use the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool to restore your access.
Password security for QuickBooks Desktop
To ensure the protection of your critical data, QuickBooks Desktop requires passwords for data files to meet certain complexity requirements. The minimum requirements for complex passwords include:
- At least 7 characters (letters, numbers, or special characters)
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 uppercase letter
Complex passwords must be changed every 90 days. QuickBooks prompts you to change your password near the end of the 90 days as well as on the expiration date itself.
Users whose files contain sensitive data such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, employer identification numbers, or who have “Credit Card Protection” on will be asked to set a complex password when they sign in to the file after the update.
How to Use the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool
- Go to the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Click on the QuickBooks version you have most recently used, on the Versio” tab. This should be the QuickBooks version you last used to open your company file, and it must be installed on the device you are using to reset the password.
- To identify what version of QuickBooks you have, press CTRL+1 or F2. A product information window should pop up. Next, locate the Versions Used on File header. Underneath, you will find various codes. A V24 code means you own a QuickBooks version from 2014, a V25 code indicates a 2015 date and so on.
- Fill in your QuickBooks business information and license number. Click Submit when you are finished. All data entered must match up with the information from Intuit’s system, including your email address. The email that contains the access token will be sent to only the same address you originally entered.
- Accept the license agreement, and click Download.
- On the following screen, click Download Now. Make sure that you save the QBPasswordReset.exe file to your desktop.
- Open the QBPasswordReset.exe file that you downloaded to use the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.
- Check your email, and enter the token number that was sent.
- Choose your version of QuickBooks in the QuickBooks Products menu
- Click Browse for Company File, and choose the company file that you wish to reset your password on.
- Enter your new password within the Confirm Password and New Password fields.
- Click Reset Password.
Once you have completed these steps, you should have access to QuickBooks and be able to login to your company’s file by using the new password you created. Before you complete the verification form once again, you will not be allowed to use the QBPasswordReset.exe file after this instance. To reset your password on a separate QuickBooks company file, go back to the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool and repeat the same process to download a new QBPasswordReset.exe file.
How do I add more users and give them access to areas of QuickBooks?
[how to add more users in Quickbooks}
- Go to the Company menu and click Set Up Users and Passwords and thenSet Up Users.
- Click Add User.
- Assign a user name and password:
- Enter the name of the person in the User Name field.
- (Optional) Enter a password in the Password field and again in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Next.
4. Choose whether this person will have access to selected areas of QuickBooks or all areas of QuickBooks.
5. Click Next.
- If you granted access to all areas of QuickBooks, you have no more selections to make. Click Yes to confirm that you want this person to have full access. Click Finish to complete the setup process.
- If you are selecting the areas the user has access to, make your selections in the window. Click Next to go to the next window.
6. When the Changing or Deleting Transactions window opens, click Yes to the first question if you want the user to be able to edit and delete transactions in addition to creating them, and then indicate whether you want the user to have access to transactions from prior accounting periods.
7. In the last window, review the table that summarises the access rights you granted. If you need to make a change, click Back to return to the appropriate window.
8. Click Finish to complete the setup process.