If you are unable to open your QuickBooks desktop there could be a number of reasons why it won’t start up. Sometimes rebooting the computer will help resolve the issue. Let us look at some solutions regarding the failure to open QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks refresher tool
Sometimes when the QuickBooks processes that run in the background stop. Therefore, the refresher tool helps in repairing these processes that are stuck in the background. Once the tool is done refreshing you can try and open QuickBooks again.
- Try and suppress the QuickBooks desktop application.
Even if the company file is not working you need to make sure that your software is working. It is important to isolate the program or the company file which is not working.
- Right click on the QuickBooks desktop icon, press ctrl key and select open. Don’t release the control key until you have no company open window unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error.
- Now open the company file.
- Restart your computer. Then try and open the QuickBooks software again.
- Run the QuickBooks install tool. Download and run the diagnostic install tool to resolve all the different errors that you are facing with QuickBooks. Restart your computer after running the tool to ensure it is up to date.
- You should run a repair on your QuickBooks installation. This way you will be replacing all the damaged installation files and run the software more easily.
If none of the above mentioned steps help you resolve your problems then you should uninstall QuickBooks and then re-install it in your computer. This is basically a clean installation will help reinstalling files in a brand new folder but it will be in the default folder location. By doing this you won’t lose any data from your company.